Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlessandroBet
Resolver I
Resolver I

New group using DAX

I'm working with a report where is linked to a dataset where i cannot to add new group from menu as shown in the picture 2. I see only the menu shown in the picture 1. How can create a similar groups using DAX functions?

Immagine 2021-01-12 092459.png Immagine 2021-01-12 091647.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The 2nd table came from a report where i have imported from xls file and i can create a new group. I attached only to explain what i looking for.

In other report I want to create a new group where i can't see it from the menu (1st pic) because it cames from a the dataset where i can't do it. I'm wondering if i can create a similar group using DAX funcions  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AlessandroBet 
I doubt you would want to do that using DAX, please check the discussion, this blog discussed the group bins feature and DAX. 

Manual Groups and Bins in Power BI: Why and How - DataVeld

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AlessandroBet , Not able to understand the labels, As they are not in English.  In the picture marked first, you have selected all measures. in the second one, you are selecting a table/column.

What is the operation you are looking for.

The 2nd table came from a report where i have imported from xls file and i can create a new group. I attached only to explain what i looking for.

In other report I want to create a new group where i can't see it from the menu (1st pic) because it cames from a the dataset where i can't do it. I'm wondering if i can create a similar group using DAX funcions  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.