Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

New filter pane not hiding

Hi, 

I can not hide/remove the new filter pane even if i unclick the option of the filter pane. 

Have done a restart etc...

Any suggestions???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Gordonlilj
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

If you mean you want to return to the default than:

First, make sure you have "New filter experience" enabled in Preview features or you won't be able to disable the filter pane. Enable it if you don't and restart.

Next, go back into options and go to Report settings under Current file, under filtering experience disable the filter pane option.

Otherwise you can "hide it" if you click on the > in the upper right corner of the filter pane.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
pbinerd
Regular Visitor

Is this atill an option? I cant seem to find where to go back to traditional view. The new filter experience sucks... Takes too much realestate from the screen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  have you tried to turn off filterpane in: VIEW, Filters symbol (turn off) (icon nex to bookmarks)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Coan7, Yes i have disabled the filter under View riboon next to bookmarks. Still the filter is showing in embedded report

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

I just want to have the traditional view on the UI not this additional pane that to me is clutter on my UI.

Gordonlilj
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

If you mean you want to return to the default than:

First, make sure you have "New filter experience" enabled in Preview features or you won't be able to disable the filter pane. Enable it if you don't and restart.

Next, go back into options and go to Report settings under Current file, under filtering experience disable the filter pane option.

Otherwise you can "hide it" if you click on the > in the upper right corner of the filter pane.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have the same error. 

New Filter experience has been enabled, everything worked fine before but during this month, all the filters that previously were hidden by me now appeared in the report 😞 

Anyone knows how to fix this yet? It seems like a bug from PowerBI

This "experience" is horrible. Power BI needs to stop adding in features that we don't need and go to the community where there is a list of features that we do need and have not yet been implemented. This filter pane takes away from the development real estate and is an additional annoyance.

Also, how is it that we can't hide it from web? I've clicked the "Hide" icon, updated my bookmarks, and yet everytime I use a filter, it pops up? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.