Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

New filter experience - remove trailing counts?

Hi, I'm playing with the new filter experience - which I like in general, but having an issue I can't figure out how to solve. After each entry in a individual filter, it seems to give a count of how many times that value shows up in the data. That might be useful for filters directly on a fact table - but when you filter on dimension tables, it either returns a "1" for every row because you're querying a leaf-level dimension value, or returns a number at "parent" dimension values which makes absolutely no difference to end users. I don't want my "Product Category" filter to show 27 after category ABC...because that 27 just means the value showed up 27 times in the dimension table, which NO one cares about (ever).

Is there a way to turn off the trailing number? It takes up a decent amount of space and makes it much more difficult to read the values.

Thanks,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my research, I am afraid you could not achieve this feature currently, I suggest you submit an idea in ideas forum:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried changing the the field type from Edit queries and it worked. no more count of.

@Anonymous 

I would like to know as well how you achieved this actually?

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, could you provide some details on what you did? We have the counts happening on all types of fields - text, integer, etc. If you can explain I'd really appreciate it - thanks!

Scott

Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically, on Power Bi, its actually seeing all column as Text. it has to be converted to decimal for it to do a sum(column) 

on your data pane,

Click "Edit Queris"

Then right click on the column you want to change type,

Look for "Change type" then select decimal number or any other numeric format.

then click "close and apply"

you will see a sum symbol in front of your column on power BI. then try that on your values. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, that's not quite the issue I'm running in to.  See screenshot below - we have text based dimension values, and I'm trying to suppress the count after those.

Thx,

Scott

Filter pane.jpg

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my research, I am afraid you could not achieve this feature currently, I suggest you submit an idea in ideas forum:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Daniel, I've opened up an idea for this.

Appreciate the help!

Scott

@Anonymous 

Do you mind sharing your idea link?

I would like to vote it up.

This is certainly required. My users won't be interested in the record count, so I will like to keep it as turned off by default.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi vmakhija, the idea to support the trailing counts is in this idea:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/36494326-new-filter-experience-su...

Also, I added an additional idea related to the new filter experience - the ability to prevent an end user from deleting it (i.e. remove the "X" icon on it). Users can already "clear" a filter using the eraser icon...I'd like to be able to make it so they can't accidentally remove the filter completely.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/36831298-new-filter-experience-pr...

Please vote if you like those ideas!

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.