Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cparker4486
Helper III
Helper III

New column in source table not appearing in dataset after refresh?

I found this post but it doesn't play out for me. http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/New-column-in-source-table-not-appearing-in-dataset-after/m-...

The only way I've been able to get new columns to appear is to change the Source line in the Advanced Editor. Specifically, I have to change the Columns value to reflect the current amount.

Source = Csv.Document(File.Contents("C:\source\file.csv"),[Delimiter=",", Columns=12, Encoding=1252, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None]),

Is this the expected behavior or is it specific to CSV source type?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @cparker4486,

I will report this issue internally, and keep you update once I get any feedback.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

nickjtay1
Advocate I
Advocate I

I spoke with Microsoft Support and have a fix.

PBI Desktop doesn't recognize the new column for March that was added:

1.png

When you open the advanced editor, you will see that the original number of columns is defined:

1 adv.png

Remove the definition of the number of columns:

2 adv.png

When you click "Done" and return to the query editor the new column appears:

2.png

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Hey,

Is this issue reslove as i am getting the same issue?

I'm having the same issue

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@cparker4486 it depends which refresh you're doing. if you go to query editor in power bi desktop and then do refresh then your metadata changes will come throuh. if doing refresh via power bi desktop home screeen then only data is refreshed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.