Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dharland
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

New Version Suffers from Endless Error Loops

The current version of PBI Desktop is loaded with bugs. I can't go 5 minutes without it getting stuck in an endless loop of errors. And the only way to recover is to kill the PBI task via Task Manager. There seems to be no common task, etc. that causes it. Regardless, I've already lost a half-day's worth of work because of it. I HATE being Microsoft's guinea pig.

PBI-EndlessLoopBug.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dharland ,

Does this issue have been resolved?Could you please provide more details about it If it still not be resolved? Please don't contain any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dharland
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

The issue still occurs and seems to be related to using the Undo button. If the Undo button is clicked, an an endless loop of errors occurs and the only way to stop it is to kill the process via Task Manager.

And no, this does not occur in previous versions of PBI Desktop and yes, I'm using the latest version.

Hi @dharland ,

Sorry for that, but we cannot reproduce this issue with undo button in both updated ribbon and old ribbon (version 2.78.5740.721 64-bit), could you please try to reproduce this issue on a small sample report? If it also occur in a small sample, we suggest you to re-install the latest Power BI Desktop.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dharland ,

Could you please try to verify if this error happen in the December Version of Power BI Desktop? Does it also happen in other report with the latest version? Could you please share the version number of your Power BI Desktop if it does not contain any confidential information?

Best regards,

NickSter
Advocate I
Advocate I

@dharland What version of Power BI desktop did you download, the one from the Microsoft store or from the Microsoft website?

As far as i know these are different versions and for me the Microsoft Store version was very unstable. 

For me this version works better https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/download/details.aspx?id=58494.

You could give it a try by uninstalling the current version and trying the other one.

See this article for more information https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-get-the-desktop.

Let me know if it helped.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.