Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Table in Desktop BI NOT being published to Powerbi.com

I created a new table in Power BI Desktop in order to correctly utilize the new custom visual: Sankey.  However, when I publish the file, that new table is not published with it, and thus I can not use the Sankey visual since I no longer have the custom table! 🙂

So I guess the question is:

1. Do new tables created via queries like UNION in Desktop not carry over to Powerbi.com?

2. How can I use the new Sankey visual if I cant combine my multiple columns into two columns:  

Relationships =
UNION(
SUMMARIZE(SourceCode,SourceCode[Agency],SourceCode[Coverage Type],"Inccured Cost",'Financial Claim Data'[Current Incurred Costs]),
SUMMARIZE(SourceCode,SourceCode[Coverage Type],SourceCode[Insurance Category],"Inccured Cost",'Financial Claim Data'[Current Incurred Costs]))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

What if you copy your PBIX file to a new name and upload the new file? Just curious if it is an update issue or table/query type issue. Used to see the former every once in a while.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  I was so perplexed that I never even tried to re-publish the file. 🙂  Saved and re-published and all is good now!

meysun
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

I tried creating a Union table with data entered in Power BI Desktop and published it and in the service it worked fine.

As suggested, could you try renaming the file and upload to see if it's related to any cache issue.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

What if you copy your PBIX file to a new name and upload the new file? Just curious if it is an update issue or table/query type issue. Used to see the former every once in a while.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.