Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gazsim44
Helper III
Helper III

New Table / Measures from two existing identical tables

Hi All, 

I currently have a setup of two 'identical' tables in which the only difference is they are operated by different slicers for the purpose of month and year comparison.

I would now like to if possible create a third 'comparison' table which would have the same columns but in effect would just display the difference between the values shown in these two existing tables.

So for example Table A has a Revenue of $1000 (set for say July 2019) and Table B has a Revenue of $1500 (set for July 2018) so the final table would display a value of -$500 in Revenue because 2019 is less than 2018.

Many thanks, 

Gaz

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Use INTERSECT and if required summarized inside it. 

INTERSECT(Summarize(A, COl, ) ..., Summarize(B, COl, ) )

You can use this as a table or has Var in your formula to calculate the difference.

Hi and many thanks for the response.

However I have to admit I am complete novice with this functionality and dont even know where to begin - could you possible advise some further assistance?

Thanks, 

Please share some sample data

Hi, I don't unfortunately have any sample data and naturally I can't share the actual data involved.

I have however just attached a sample of the top line of one of the visuals so hopefully you can get an understanding.

Each visual is identical other than that they are operated by seperate month and year slicers. The data table or source for both these visuals is identical, I am literally just displaying different numbers by changing the slicers.

The idea would be as I have done in excel in the past to then add some sort of calculated table that would display the difference between these two visuals as selected by the slicers.

Thanks, Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.