Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rsbin
Super User
Super User

New Rectangle Select Preview Feature

Good Afternoon,

I have enabled the new Rectangle Data Point Select preview feature.  Unfortunately it is not doing what I hoped or thought it would.  Hoping someone may have a hack or workaround.  In the following image, the "Show Details" button enables the User to navigate to a Bookmark (another page) to get granular level detail.  The Date Slicers are synched between these two pages.

rsbin_0-1637867799587.png

The new lasso rectangle select works nicely to enable the User to isolate a smaller sub-set of Dates without having to open the Slicer Panel and change the Date Range.

rsbin_2-1637868015083.png

I guess I was hoping this would affect the Date Slicer, such that when the User now clicks the Show Details button the Bookmark would react to this smaller subset.  Unfortunately it does not do this.

Wondering if any of you have played with this new feature or can advise how I can enable the Bookmark to reflect this new selection.

Happy Thanksgiving to all in the US and Best Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rsbin 

Do you want to affect Date Slicer by other visuals in your Report? Power BI doesn't support you to fliter your Slicer by other visuals, currently. You see in my test when I select A and C by Rectangle Select Option, the slicer is not changed.

Here is a offical blog about Rectangle Select Option.

1.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rsbin 

Do you want to affect Date Slicer by other visuals in your Report? Power BI doesn't support you to fliter your Slicer by other visuals, currently. You see in my test when I select A and C by Rectangle Select Option, the slicer is not changed.

Here is a offical blog about Rectangle Select Option.

1.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-rzhou-msft,

Yes, this is what I finally realized.  But appreciate the reply to confirm that everything is acting the way it is supposed to.

Thanks again and kind regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.