Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MitraM
Helper I
Helper I

New RLS

I'm getting this errir when trying to access Security in my published model.

MitraM_0-1596566425688.png

Where in Desktop this RLS is located?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@MitraM - In Desktop go to Modeling tab and then Manage roles

Greg_Deckler_0-1596566670963.png

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

@MitraM this new RLS , doing in desktop are there for many years, basically your create RLS in desktop and then assign users to RLS in power bi service, not sure what issue you are running into.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
varelapablo90
Helper II
Helper II

Hello

I am having this same exact issue and I see no one has replied with a solution answer.

Steps are correctly applied.

Assign of roles in PBI desktop, but when moving to PBI service in the 3 dots of security can not asign the groups. Does anyone know how to solve this problem and what causes it?

I have already applied RLS in other reports, its happening with just one.

varelapablo90_0-1691575329118.png

jairoaol
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

After you create the security roles in Power BI Desktop, you must publish your changes. after that if you go to the security option and you'll find the created roles

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@MitraM - In Desktop go to Modeling tab and then Manage roles

Greg_Deckler_0-1596566670963.png

Latest book!:

@Greg_Deckler   Thank you Greg.

Yes, I have created my rules. Now, I need to assign Active Directory group to the rules that I've created.

I used to go to the Security screen and assign RLS but I now I am getting msg that RLS has been moved to Desktop. 

MitraM_1-1596566954880.png

MitraM_0-1596566877369.png

@MitraM this new RLS , doing in desktop are there for many years, basically your create RLS in desktop and then assign users to RLS in power bi service, not sure what issue you are running into.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@MitraM - That's odd, I go to Security on a Dataset and I get my roles listed out as your last image.

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.