Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Measure calculated based on week number

Hi,  I'm new to Power BI and still trying to get my head round some of the DAX language.

Basically im trying to create a simple sales uplift model where I can apply an % uplift to the weeks greater than 'x' week.

So for example.  My actuals are in weeks 1 to 10 and my forecast is in weeks 11 onwards.  I would like my "ADJ_SALES" column to show the "SALES" figure upto week 10 but then apply the % uplift only to weeks 11 onwards.

Any help would be much appreciated .  Thanks

Capture.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

We would like to help you solve the problem. But I still have some information needed to confirm.

In you resource data, you only have the data between weeks1 and weeks10, right? “my forecast is in weeks 11 onwards” , you want to calculate the date after weeks10 using measure?

>> I would like my "ADJ_SALES" column to show the "SALES" figure upto week 10 but then apply the % uplift only to weeks 11 onwards.

Could you please share describe it more clearly, or you post an example for further analysis?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for the replies so far.

Angelia,  I will try to describe more clearly....

My aim is to create a visual representation of a sales uplift model where essentially I would use a multiplier eg 5% to uplift my weekly forecast.   I would want my 5% only applied to my forecast numbers (my forecast numbers are actually based on prior-year actuals.)

So, if I had actuals upto week 10 in my table I would want the "measure/column/calculated field" to show the actuals upto week 10 but for week 11 onwards I would want the measure to show the "forecast" figure multiplied by 105%  (or any other uplift% I choose)

What I would really like is to be able to have a selection of uplifts% I could use to apply to the model based on a parameter selection.

I have the access to create tables within the database so if it's something I need to do on that side then fine but I assumed it would be best to create this measure within power BI itself

Again thanks for taking the time to reply,  hopefully I can get my head around this great tool soon

Hi @Anonymous,

You have calculated the percentage in another column(eg, 5%), right? If it is, you can create another calculated column using the formula below.

Test = IF([Week] <11,[percentage column],1+[percentage column])

Best Regards,
Angelia

Bokazoit
Post Patron
Post Patron

How about creating a calculated column instead of a measure?

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK sure, but any ideas on the syntax I would use for that? Thanks

Depends on where You refresh data from. If it is a SQL query I would add something like:

case when DATEPART(ISO_WEEK, getdate()) > Yourtable.Week then ADJ_SALES else SALES end

In DAX:

Test = IF([Week] > WEEKNUM(TODAY());[ADJ_SALES];[SALES])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.