Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

iWonder
Helper I
Helper I

New Measure Creates Blank Row

Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

my table QuoteHeader has 3 records in it with related records in QuoteDetail. I want to check if all rows are "Ordered" (Ordered =1, Not Ordered = 0). So if I count the rows and compare it to the SUM() of OrderPlaced then I will know which ones are completely filled.

This is my formula: 

OrderComplete = If(Count(cra98_quotedetail[tKey]) = Sum(cra98_quotedetail[OrderPlaced]),"Yes","No")

I created a new Measure in my file and when I add it to my Table Visual it adds an empty row giving me 4 rows instead of 3. The formula/meausre returns "Yes" because a count of zero equals a sum of zero. The rest of the Table Visual columns for that row are empty. All QuoteDetail rows relate to a QuoteHeader record.

Why is this happening?

For now I'm filtering out any rows with a blank Created On date.

Not sure if it helps but my data is coming from Dataverse.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@iWonder well that makes sense, basically, you are telling it that there is integrity between the tables because for DQ it doesn't pull all the data and by selecting that check box you are basically confirming the referential integrity. I hope it makes sense.

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make effort to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@iWonder Good to know. Cheers!!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@iWonder well that makes sense, basically, you are telling it that there is integrity between the tables because for DQ it doesn't pull all the data and by selecting that check box you are basically confirming the referential integrity. I hope it makes sense.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make effort to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

It does! Thank you very much. This is the first time I created a Direct Query report.

I really appreciate  your help.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@iWonder are you using direct query (DQ) ?

Yes

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@iWonder what if you uncheck it, does the blank row shows up again?

Yes

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@iWonder good to know but I will be still curious why the blank condition is required 🤷‍♂️

I'm going to clear all my data and add new data one at a time and check to see what's going on. I can post back

iWonder
Helper I
Helper I

I will have to clean tomorrow.

have a good one

Hi @parry2k 

I figured it out. Here is my formula:

OrderComplete = IF(ISBLANK(Count(cra98_quotedetail[tKey])),BLANK(),If(Count(cra98_quotedetail[tKey]) = Sum(cra98_quotedetail[OrderPlaced]),"Yes","No"))

Now I don't get a blank row.

thanks!
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@iWonder interesting, can you share the pbix file using one/google drive, remove sensitive information before sharing. 

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@iWonder this will explain why it is happening, Why is there a BLANK in my Power BI slicer??? - Guy in a Cube

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Hi @parry2k 

after playing for a LONG time I tried checking the "Assume referential integrity" check box in the Edit Relationship box and that took away my blank row.

I've never checked this before. Any idea why this helped?

thanks

Hi @parry2k 

Thank you for the quick reply.

I followed the video, I also put my data into Excel (only 3 header rows and 19 detail rows) and everything has a related record.

Not clear on what I should try next

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.