Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maracles
Resolver II
Resolver II

New KPI visual showing incorrect data.

I'm trying to use the new KPI visual and have it working great for one of my measures. I have tried to use it for another however and I am getting odd results that I can't figure out. 

Below is a screnshot. The top visual is a standard Card visual showing the correct figure. The one below is a KPI visual using exactly the same measure and using the same date column on trend axis that I am using as part of the measure. 

snip_20160302143702.png

Why am I getting this discrepency and not seeing £276 on the KPI visual? All filters are the same on both visuals.   Maybe misunderstanding how this new visual works, if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. 

4 REPLIES 4
ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

Also, apparently, it is dependant on the ORDER in which things are added to the KPI visual. I have documented this and sent it to Power BI Feedback. Hopefully they can fix it.

If you add a Column to the canvas, then make it a KPI, then add the Goal and time series, you might get incorrect visualization.

If you then REMOVE the column and RE-ADD it, you get a different looking KPI. Strange but true.

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

meysun
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

What is the 'aggregation' type that you used for the Card visual?. Is it Average?

The KPI visuals displays the last value associated with the data axis.

Hi, thanks for the reply. The aggregate is SUM. 

Sorry, I've just re-read your comment and I think that explains it i.e. using the value of the last date on the axis. I guess I need to create a cumulative measure then? 

Yes. Check out this post for more information: http://www.daxpatterns.com/cumulative-total/

Cumulative Quantity :=
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Transactions[Quantity] ),
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'Date'[Date] ),
        'Date'[Date] <= MAX ( 'Date'[Date] )
    )
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.