Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Hierarchy slicer should be up to available database date

HI Team,

New Hierachy slicer  showing all  month and date(2020 year showing all months and Date) I need only  availble database data

My database the data availble upto  25-March-2020.

if select 26 onwards chart showing empty please  suggest my hieracy slicer should upto 25-march-2020.

image1.PNGImage2.PNG

Thanks

Shanvitha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

My test data is different from yours.

You can try the method I mentioned above.  when I tested the solution, the slicer only displays the dates contained in the date column if you do so.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can add the [Date] column to the [Values] label:

ddd1.PNG

ddd2.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hope you are getting it from a date calendar, Restrict your calendar till the Max date of your data

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI amit,

Thanks Your replay

My Hierach slicer should show availble year and month and date not for all dates

2020 year we have march now mean 2020 year jan,feb,march month as of now but my hierachy slicer showing all month mean jan-dec in 2020 month

I need only upto today date or my upto max date avaible date.

please check my images( i upto need 31-march-2020) mean availble min date is(01-jan-2019) to Max date is(31-march-2020) in database mean i need show 12 month in 2019 and 3 months(jan,feb,march) 2020 if data loaded tomarrow 1-Apr-2020 i need show jan,feb,march and apr 1st also in hierachy slicerIMage3.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI amit,

Thanks Your replay

My Hierach slicer should show availble year and month and date not for all dates

2020 year we have march now mean 2020 year jan,feb,march month as of now but my hierachy slicer showing all month mean jan-dec in 2020 month

I need only upto today date or my upto max date avaible date.

please check my images( i  upto need 31-march-2020) mean availble min date is(01-jan-2019) to Max date is(31-march-2020) in  database mean i need show 12 month in 2019 and 3 months(jan,feb,march) 2020 if data loaded tomarrow 1-Apr-2020 i need show jan,feb,march and apr 1st also in hierachy slicer calender. IMage3.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

My test data is different from yours.

You can try the method I mentioned above.  when I tested the solution, the slicer only displays the dates contained in the date column if you do so.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lionel Chen,

Thanks your so much its working fine.

if using custom visual its working very good.if using power BI feature slicer its not showing values filed settion(below image)

if we using Power BI feature Slicer how to fix this issue(because one of my client didnt accept custom visuals).

Image4.PNG

Thanks

Shanvitha

Anonymous
Not applicable

As with most data analysis tasks, working with time can be the most challenging detail to get correct. Power BI Pro has built-in functionality that will display a drillable hierarchy of year, quarter, month and days when a column, formatted as a date, is dropped onto a visualization. This feature can be handy in the proper visualization as illustrated in the example below.

If you are creating a table and drag a field, formatted as a date, you do not get a single date but the hierarchy as pictured below. This creates a built-in way to drill down through the year on various graphs and tables. On a visualization, this allows you to provide different views of your data over time. You can also remove a level from the list by selecting the ‘X’ next to the level depending on your needs.

Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

The below blog post has a solution for your problem.

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/syncing-slicers-in-power-bi/

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.