Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

G_R
Advocate I
Advocate I

New Filter Experience - New Filter not visible on Mobile Devices (IOS and Android)

I'm testing the New Filter Experience that is available via the Preview Features on Power BI Desktop.

I have published a Report and I can see the new filter via Chrome and IE.  It looks great, however when viewing the same report on a my iPad and Android device, the new Filter Pane is not visilbe, nor is the old filter pane.  There are no buttons or arrows to expand or make this visible on the mobile device. 

I've checked and can confirm that my Power BI mobile apps are up to date across both platforms.

Is this new feature available meant to be available on mobile devices?

4 REPLIES 4
AFoulk
Helper II
Helper II

I noticed the same thing and am trying to figure out if there is something I'm missing.

I think for now I'll have to create a work around. I'm possibly going to create slicers on again on a report, then use bookmarks to hide them when viewing the results and another to hide results and show the slicers for selecting, then switch back again. Not efficient but will get the job done until they fix this issue.

I noticed the same issue. 

Could someone confirm what is tha status and when it will be available on iOS and Andoid devices?

@AFoulk could you please with examples how you did this workaround?

Thanks a lot !

For right now i ended up adding some slicers back onto a few pages in my report just so they could be filtered down on an iPad, but the workaround I spoke of was something I was about to do on my reports just as the PBI Team released this new filter pane.

You create a button for linking a bookmark that when activated it shows all of the slicers you want to have on the report, but then a 2nd button/bookmark will hide those slicers again to just reveal your charts/tables/etc..

Here is a link of someone that published a video doing this:

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/create-a-power-bi-slicer-panel/

I have tried all the options [including the CLUNKY] methos of having bookmarks, side panes and overlays with different filter options ...... which comes with a whole lot of limitations and complexities.

The NOVEMBER 2018 preview option is ideal provided that it can work in the embedded environment giving the consumer the option of filtering whatever is required.

I HOPE THIS GET RESOLVED QUICKLY !!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.