Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

luukov_nedap
Frequent Visitor

New Drillthrough button clearing the original page selections

I have a dataset report that has an overview page with an simple table containing a list of our customers with an sum of their outstanding invoice value. I have added an second page for the outstanding invoice details and I am using the new drillthrough button function.

When selecting 1 customer, the drillthrough button brings me to the second detail page of the customer, but when selecting the 'back' button, it does bring me back to the overview page, but the table is now cleared from my original selection.

Is there a possibility to keep the selected 'customer' selected when returning back from the drillthrough page?

I am not using bookmarks that let me go back to the overview page

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@luukov_nedap , you used the back button, come on the drilled page automatically or created on using bookmark ?

Not using any bookmark function here... just making an selection of 1 customer in the overview page table, then clicking on an drillthrough button to go the the detail page... 

From the detail page, you get by default an back button and i set this to 'back' (but also tried page navigation), it does bring me back but the selected customer is not selected (highlighted) anymore.... it just 'defaults' the table....

@luukov_nedap 

In Power BI desktop, you need to hold CTRL and click back. And you can manage filters in the bottom right drill through field.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the support.

It is not the function of Drillthrough that is not working, in Desktop the drillthrough with CTRL just works fine.

The problem lies in the fact that when returning to the overview page, my original Selection is resetted again.

I have selected the 1 customer on the overview page, drilled through to the detail page, and came back to the overview page and there I expected to see the 1 selected customer still selected, but it doesn't.... How can i fix that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @luukov_nedap  did you ever find a solution to this?  I have the same issue that I'm looking for resolution on.

Have you solved this problem?

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.