Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sgrier
Regular Visitor

New Column from Sharepoint list will not show up in data set

I have tried going into the advanced editor settings. There are no specific cloumns to add. It will not find the new coulmns. Any help appreciated!

Here is an example of my source connection

=SharePoint.Tables("http://portal.dot.state.oh.us/test", [ApiVersion = 15])

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sgrier ,

Please expend the columns to check if the values are put into. When connecting to a Sharepoint Online List, The data might be pulled in under the original field title. Not all data types will appear under their exact column title.

The similar thread you can reference :

When connecting to a Sharepoint Online List some columns are not showing in data set

Best Regards,

Xue

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sgrier ,

Please expend the columns to check if the values are put into. When connecting to a Sharepoint Online List, The data might be pulled in under the original field title. Not all data types will appear under their exact column title.

The similar thread you can reference :

When connecting to a Sharepoint Online List some columns are not showing in data set

Best Regards,

Xue

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I went back expanded and checked again. The column heading had been changed multiple times. Powerbi was pulling the original name. SP list keeps the internal name of column, no matter how many column display name editied. So needed to delete old column and create new to change internal name on that list. Thanks again! 

Thank you so much for looking into this. I had already tried looking into all of the other columns to see if the title had been edited. The connection is not a sharepoint "online", but just sharepoint list. The odd thing is, 3 new columns were added. I refreshed the data set and 2 were found. The only remaining one is a single line of text column, that does not have an unique permissions or validation settings. I ended up creating a new column in the SP list w/ the same settings. Power BI finds the new column. Which this is ok (a bandaid fix), but I still need to find a better solution for future users may run into this in our organization.

I even created a new file just with that one table. The column is still not found. Any other solutions would be greatly apprceciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.