Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Matthias93
Helper III
Helper III

Network path of excels not found

Hi,

I'm storing multiple excel files in a document library on SharePoint. I'm connecting to these excels from Power BI desktop. Sometimes out of the blue I will get the error you can see attached to this topic. When I create a new query with the exact same force, everything works perfectly. When I copy the source of this new query to my older one, I however still get the same error message. This message already pops up at the source step of my query. This seems like a very strange error to me. Having to create new queries, visuals and relationships each times this happens would be a real hassle. Has anybody had this issue?

Thanks for helping in advance.

Kind regards,

Matt

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Matthias93

I got the same error message when I used the excel connetor to import excel files stored in SharePoint.

In my case, the error message popped up in the query editor, however, it doesn't stop the file from refreshing. For some reason, it shows error in the default preview in the query editor, but the error sign disapeared once I hit the refresh preview button without modifying the query. And it works fine as well if I ignored the error message and refresh the file directly. 

I'm suspecting it is because my organization is using an older version SharePoint which may not work perfectly with the latest Power BI. 

Snehalg150
Regular Visitor

Hey ,

I also got the same error.

this error occurs due to incorrect URL.

If you are storing excel in the SharePoint ,you will get accurate path by clicking on 3 dots one box will pop up there at the bottom you will get correct path of your excel

Pest that path in the advance query editor.

This solved my error .Hope it will help you  too

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Matthias93

It looks like the data provider resolves incorrect URL from your older query. Please check compare the difference of two Power Queries, copy the new query and overwrite the older query.

Regards,

Matthias93
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

I'm storing multiple excel files in a document library on SharePoint. I'm connecting to these excels from Power BI desktop. Sometimes out of the blue I will get the error you can see attached to this topic. When I create a new query with the exact same force, everything works perfectly. When I copy the source of this new query to my older one, I however still get the same error message. This message already pops up at the source step of my query. This seems like a very strange error to me. Having to create new queries, visuals and relationships each times this happens would be a real hassle. Has anybody had this issue?

Thanks for helping in advance.

Kind regards,

Matt

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.