Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gregcarle
Regular Visitor

Network Navigator - Nodes and label text not initially displaying

Hello,

The network navigator is a great visual though I'm having problems when it initially loads. No nodes show after loading my pbix file and will only show once I click on a filter item. If I unfilter, all nodes show so I don't think it's a problem with the number of nodes.

Secondly, the node label text does not show once the nodes are there and I need to resize the text for it to display.

This happens in both Desktop and Service.

Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gregcarle,

Based on my test, I created some simple data and the network navigator works fine both in Desktop and Service. Do you use the latest version of this visual (Version 0.10.2Last updated 9/20/2016)? Would you please share your pbix file for further analysis?

Secondly, to display the label text, do you mean the labels disappear when initially open pbix file even though you have set the labels on?

6.PNG

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Network Maps Example.png

In the image above, you can see that the label slider is set to On, and there are no lebels. When I turn it Off and On again, the labels will display.

Hi @gregcarle,

Sorry I cannot reproduce your issue, so I cannot find why you cam across this odd problem. Now, if you use some other data and recreate a report, does this issue occur? Or if possible, you can reinstall this visual for a test.

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana,

Thanks for the reply. I do have the most updated version 0.10.2 and the Power BI Oct release. I have been using the network graph for a few dashboards and I usually do not have this problem using it, just in this one instance. Therefore it must be in some kind of initial state that it does not display.

Unfortunately I cannot share the file as it has confidential information.

Is there some sort of error log I can send or should I post a video. What is common practise on this forum?

Thanks for your time, 

Greg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.