Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

paul_sanders
Frequent Visitor

Netsuite access via Web Query (or similar)

Has anyone had success pulling data from Netsuite into Power BI using the Web Query approach? This seems the main answer on other forum questions around access to Netsuite, and is described here: https://datachant.com/2017/02/03/connect-netsuite-to-power-bi/

When I try it, even opening the iqy file in Excel fails.  Which didn't seem surprising, as at no point did I enter a password, so unless the Web Query access isnt authenticated (yikes!) , I can't see how it would work. 

Trying to take the contents of the iqy file and edit as described, then access via the brower failed, with the error Unauthorized Access (which to me makes sense)

Following the steps described to use Web Queries in Power BI gave an error before listing tables. Again not surprised, as no credentials were entered. Trying basic auth failed with "Failed to get contents .... Internal Error" .  Trying any other auth method also failed. 

Any help appreciated.

Or indeed, any pointers to alternative ways of getting access without use of a driver (ODBC etc), and without buying a third party component. I've seen some talk of access via SOAP, but nothing that has a clear desciption of how to do it.   

5 REPLIES 5
graceturner

If you're encountering difficulties with NetSuite Accounting, Ledger Labs is here to help. Their NetSuite ERP Services cover a wide spectrum, including integration and proficient bookkeeping.

olivier12345600

@paul_sanders - I would look again at your rights when you export the Web Query:
I dont know the specific but web query is open (***sight***), which means, once you have the URL, you can access to the report - no limit in time (from what I remember).

If it fails in Excel (again, there might be tweak to be operated), then I would say, check NetSuite before giving up on web query or buying ODBC - on the expensive side. Though it is powerful and much more "user friendly" than reports 😛

My finance accountant must have it working (or it worked), so let me know if rights is drawning you. And NetSuite added few rights in 2021...

paul_sanders
Frequent Visitor

No the answer did not address the issue, as it merely lists the stand reply for options of how to get data from Netsuite (Web Query, Suite Analytics, API Server).  My issue/question is that the first doesnt work, and the other two are not feasible for the case I am dealing with). 

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @paul_sanders ;

Is your problem solved? If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @paul_sanders ;

there are three options to get data from the Netsuite service:

1. Purchase the SuiteAnalytics Connect (ODBC) functionality from NetSuite

2. Leverage NetSuite’s Web Query report functionality

3. Leverage API Server

For more information, see:

Connect NetSuite to Power BI

Use the API Server in Microsoft Power BI

Currently, there is no OOTB connector for Netsuite, you can vote on this idea item: NetSuite.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.