Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gbag3
Frequent Visitor

Netezza (IBM)

Hi,

Different server runs in different platform.  I am wondering if anyone knows what the code is to connect Netezza through Advance Editor.

Here is what I have so far for SQL Server and Oracle db:

- Oracle.Database("dbname", "datasource", {SQLQuery])

- SQL.Database("db", "datasource", {SQLQuery])

What is the code for Netezza connection?

Thank you,

Garry

8 REPLIES 8
gbag3
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, @v-yulgu-msft.

I am looking for the code because I am trying to take advantage of the Manage Parameter to auto run the query.  I will try neteeza.database(.... and see if it works.  Also, the getdata->Neteeza (from June update) has not work for me.  I have to ask our db admin and make sure nothing is wrong on our side first.

If someone from the forum can tell me the exact function, i will appreciate it.

Thank you,

Garry 

Hi @gbag3,

Personally, to use parameter in Power Query, you could firstly connect to Neteeza (getdata->IBM Neteeza), then, locate to Advanced Editor, replace the static part with parameter value. There is no need to type into connection code manually. Also, after connecting to Neteeza, the connection code will be generated automatically, you can view it.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

Thank you for the respond back.  

"Also, after connecting to Neteeza, the connection code will be generated automatically, you can view it"

Can you share the connection code from Advance Editor? Currently, I am not able to connect through GetData-Neteeza.

I apologize for the late reponse.

Thank you,

Garry

Hi @gbag3,

Unfortunately, I am unable to test as I don't have a IBM Netezza database in my environment. You said you cannot connect through GetData-Neteeza, is there any error message when you connect?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

The error message I am receiving is below.

"Unable to connect

We encountared an error while trying to connect.

Details: "ODBC:ERROR [08S01][Microsoft][Netezza](1001)

Communication link with server failed."

Version: 2.47.4766.801 64-bit (June, 2017)

I checked with someone and I have the correct server and database names.

Thank you for your help.

Garry 

Hi @gbag3,

Have you installed Netezza ODBC driver on your machine? If you have intalled, then, please try to connect to the same Netezza DB through other client tool, if it still fails, I would suggest you post your question on Netezza forum for more advice.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

@hank you @v-yulgu-msft.   I will look into that.

Garry

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gbag3,

Since Power BI desktop June Update, it supports IBM Netezza Connector (beta) connector. You can connect to Netezza via this option directly, then, change to Query Editor mode to get the detailed connection code.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.