Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nmck86
Post Patron
Post Patron

Net Promotor Score Percentage Help

Hi All,

I am in need of getting assistance with the attached Power BI files. I am trying to get my NPS score to mirror the % allocaiton that you see in the attached pbix file. You will notice that for some reason they are slightly off. Essentially the NPS score should be promotors less detractors. My percentage is slightly off... the calculations are weighted and that is considered in the file... Any help getting those 2 calculations to match would be terrific! Below is the PBIX and Excel file.. 

Promotors = 9's and 10's and each response is weighted... using the weight calculation

Detractors are 0-6 and it is weighted as well... and I am using the weight calculation. 

3 REPLIES 3
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

HI @nmck86

I think you have your [% of Row Total for Month 2] calculated measure wrong.

I wonder if it should be this.  I've marked in red/bold what the change should be.

% of Row Total for Month 2 = 
	DIVIDE
		(
			SUM(Sheet1[Weights]),

CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet1[Weights]),
    			ALLEXCEPT(Sheet1,Sheet1[Date of Survey].[Date],
        		'Sheet1'[Date of Survey].[Day],Sheet1[Date of Survey].[Month],
        		'Sheet1'[Date of Survey].[MonthNo],'Sheet1'[Date of Survey].[Quarter],
        		'Sheet1'[Date of Survey].[QuarterNo],'Sheet1'[Date of Survey].[Year],
        		'Sheet1'[Attribute],'Sheet1'[Date of Survey]))
				)

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks! but that doesnt help me resolve the difference between promotors in detractors.. that is the end result I am looking for. My original calculation works fine it is the next level down that I am running into a snag with.

Hi nmck86,

As @Phil_Seamark mentioned, if you change Sheet1[SurveyID] with Sheet1[Weights], the result will be correct because [NPS Recommend] = [% of Row Total for Month 2] of [Promotors] -  [% of Row Total for Month 2] of [Detractors].

4.PNG

If it does not meet your requirement, could you please explain more details about your requirement?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.