Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StevenH417
Regular Visitor

Net Account Opening

Hello! I am new to Power BI and trying to start with something simple, but am having a bit of trouble. I am trying to create a net account opening visual by location. I have two reports coming in to get the data, an account opening table and account closing table. I have filters set on the page for the dates these were opened or closed by month. 3 Visuals; an opened total, closed total, and net. My problem is that I had to create a relationship in my tables for the locations to connect properly. But now, if I don't have a value in my open table or closed table for that location based on the filters, then that location doesn't appear at all in any visual. For instance, Location A has 0 accounts opened, 3 accounts closed, and a net of -3. But Location A doesn't appear at all in any visual since there isn't any information for it in my opened table for the month. Can anyone help me straighten this out?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SergioSilvaPT
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi @StevenH417 ,

For that i recommend for you to create an aditional table with the distinct locations and connect both, open table and closed table to this new table, and use this table to filter by location.

You will need to have all the locations that you have in both tables but without duplicates.

If you need i can guide you to do that.

Regards,
Sérgio Silva

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Check out my blog for tips and tricks about Power BI: https://pbibits.wordpress.com/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SergioSilvaPT
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi @StevenH417 ,

For that i recommend for you to create an aditional table with the distinct locations and connect both, open table and closed table to this new table, and use this table to filter by location.

You will need to have all the locations that you have in both tables but without duplicates.

If you need i can guide you to do that.

Regards,
Sérgio Silva

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Check out my blog for tips and tricks about Power BI: https://pbibits.wordpress.com/

So I'm just thinking this through. In this third table I would basically include columns that would give me my total opened and closed for the month that sum from the other two tables and get my net in it? My original two have a line for every account opened and closed.

EDIT: I was making this way to complicated. I think I have it. Thank you for your suggestion! Table relationships are new to me. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.