Frequent Visitor

Nested values in xaxis

Suppose the data is of the format

TestDate  TestName  Result

04/19         A                10.6

04/19         B                 12.8

04/19         C                12

04/20         D                10

I want to create a chart where the x-axis values will be nested or grouped. Ie, its should have dates and Test names grouped in dates. Y axis should be Result. Below example shows a sample for 04/19 data.

sample.png

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Nested values in xaxis

This feature is not available yet.

if you'd like to see it - Vote here

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/11524623-nested-x-axis-labels

Super User
Super User

@perplexedDev

Ok clarification. You actually don't need Nested X-Axis - just do as in image below

Nested.png

This is what Nested X-Axis and the Idea I posted in previous reply was really about...

Real Nested X Axis.png

bdenison99 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

That didn't help any... I still get only one line, and one value on the X-Axis.  It looks like I'll have to stay with Excel spreadsheets since Power BI doesn't even come close to matching the functionality there at this time.

robinwilson16 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Yes I agree this is a vital function that has been missed and I whichever way I try to do this I cannot get more than one group to appear on the X axis making Power BI rather limited.

robinwilson16 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I cannot find a way to get more than one group to appear on the X axis either and this is a vital missing feature making Power BI much less useful as a result.

I tried to vote on the user voice site but it appears to be broken at the moment:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/11524623-nested-x-axis-labels