Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

perplexedDev
Regular Visitor

Nested values in xaxis

Suppose the data is of the format

TestDate  TestName  Result

04/19         A                10.6

04/19         B                 12.8

04/19         C                12

04/20         D                10

I want to create a chart where the x-axis values will be nested or grouped. Ie, its should have dates and Test names grouped in dates. Y axis should be Result. Below example shows a sample for 04/19 data.

sample.png

5 REPLIES 5
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

This feature is not available yet.

if you'd like to see it - Vote here

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/11524623-nested-x-axis-labels

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@perplexedDev

Ok clarification. You actually don't need Nested X-Axis - just do as in image below

Nested.png

This is what Nested X-Axis and the Idea I posted in previous reply was really about...

Real Nested X Axis.png

That didn't help any... I still get only one line, and one value on the X-Axis.  It looks like I'll have to stay with Excel spreadsheets since Power BI doesn't even come close to matching the functionality there at this time.

I cannot find a way to get more than one group to appear on the X axis either and this is a vital missing feature making Power BI much less useful as a result.

I tried to vote on the user voice site but it appears to be broken at the moment:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/11524623-nested-x-axis-labels

Yes I agree this is a vital function that has been missed and I whichever way I try to do this I cannot get more than one group to appear on the X axis making Power BI rather limited.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.