Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nested If with Multiple And conditions

HI,

So im trying to get a Calculated column which returns  Overdue or Not overdue based on certain criteria

First time poster so please forgive any errors in required  format 

Below is what i came up with

Overdue_VW =
IF(And([Status]="Completed",[CompleteBy]<[CompletedDate]),"Overdue",
if(and([Status]<>"Completed",And([CompletedDate]="",And([CompleteBy]<=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),1),And([Status]<>"Deleted")))),"Overdue","Not Overdue"))

I also tried  ( although im not familiar with the switch expression, first time ive tried to use it)

Overdue_VW =
IF(And([Status]="Completed",[CompleteBy]<[CompletedDate]),"Overdue",
Switch(
[Status]<>"Completed",
[CompletedDate]="",
[CompleteBy]<=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),1),
[Status]<>"Deleted"),
"Overdue", "Not Overdue"))

I think im close, but cant quite work out why either option isnt working,  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous change you expression like this, i just copied your expression assuming tht is the business logic you want.

Overdue_VW = 
IF([Status]="Completed" && [CompleteBy]<[CompletedDate],"Overdue",
IF(
[Status]<>"Completed" &&
[CompletedDate]=BLANK() &&
[CompleteBy]<=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),1) &&
[Status]<>"Deleted",

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

when you have serveral conditions of AND logic, please use && instead of AND

e.g and(condition1,and(condition2,condition3))

you can try condition1 && condition2 && condition3

That will be easier.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

@Anonymous change you expression like this, i just copied your expression assuming tht is the business logic you want.

Overdue_VW = 
IF([Status]="Completed" && [CompleteBy]<[CompletedDate],"Overdue",
IF(
[Status]<>"Completed" &&
[CompletedDate]=BLANK() &&
[CompleteBy]<=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),1) &&
[Status]<>"Deleted",

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, this drove me nuts all day

i can see i was mixing an AND  with &&  which was over complicating things

really appreciate your time and the time of everyone who answered 

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Could you explain in words what how do you need to calculate the OverDue and NonOverDue? 

If you are satisfied with my answer, please mark it as a solution so others can easily find it.

Don't forget to give KUDOS ? to replies that help answer your questions

Subscribe to ExcelFort: Learn Power BI, Power Query and Excel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

@Anonymous post a sample data and business logic to calculate this new column.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Sorry took me a while to work out how to get a sample set of data on here, Not totally sure this will work either 

Test PBI file 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.