Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bchager6
Super User
Super User

Nested IF, AND, OR statement

Hi All,

I need to create a calculated colum that will populate rows with "True" if the following conditions are met. Else, "False."

If ActualProgress% = 100% AND the "In Budgted Year" is the current year, or if ActualProgress% <>100% and is in any "In Budgeted Year", then "True," else "False."

I believe it could be said another way as, if ActualProgress% is 100% but not In Budgeted Year for the current year, "False," else "True."

Here's what I wrote: 
% complete calc. = IF('Table'[ActualProgress%]=1,IF('Table'[In Budgeted Year]<>YEAR(TODAY()),"False","True"))

It's returning "False" where the "ActualProgress%" is 100% and the "In Budgeted Year" <> 2019 (as it should). It's returning "True" if "ActualProgress%" is 100% and the "In Budgeted Year" is 2019 (as it should), but it's returning blanks where "ActualProgress%" is not 100%, regardless of what the "In Budgeted Year" value is. 

Any thoughts? I'm thinking that I need to stick an "OR" or an "AND" in there somewhere.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi, you can use parentesis in combination with && (and) and || (or) for complex IF statements without those nasty nesting IF statements 🙂 . You dax would be like this in this case. 

% complete calc. = IF('Table'[ActualProgress%]=1 && 'Table'[In Budgeted Year] <> YEAR(TODAY()), FALSE, TRUE)

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi, you can use parentesis in combination with && (and) and || (or) for complex IF statements without those nasty nesting IF statements 🙂 . You dax would be like this in this case. 

% complete calc. = IF('Table'[ActualProgress%]=1 && 'Table'[In Budgeted Year] <> YEAR(TODAY()), FALSE, TRUE)

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Ah! Forgot about using the double ampersand! Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.