Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cinthiakc
Frequent Visitor

Nested Drill Through

Hello!

Anyone know if a page can be, at same time, the target page for a drill through from another page and a origin page to another drill through? 
I have page 1, page 2 and page 3. In page 1 I have several projects, which I have some details in page 2 and 3.

I can drill though to both pages 2 and 3 from page 1. But I can drill from 2 to 3, although I set up the drill, it doesn't even apears as a option when I right click.

Also tried to add a drill through buttom on page 2 but an alert appears that I need to select a project to drill (Don't know if I need to set up something to make it happen).

Anyone has ever find a solution to this?
THanks very much!

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@cinthiakc , Seem like drill through which have setup for page three are not in the visual of page 2.

Page 2 have something in visual which have set up in list of drill through on page 3

@amitchandak , the drill through is set up equally for both pages 2 and 3.
Is this the set up you mentioned?

cinthiakc_0-1635424531669.png

Hi @cinthiakc ,

When you set up the drillthrough destination page(Page 2 and Page 3), did you drag any field for which you want to enable drillthrough into the Drillthrough filters well on that drillthrough page, in the Fields section of the Visualizations pane?

yingyinr_1-1635752696606.png

You can refer the content in the following links to set up drillthrough:

Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports

Master Detail Design with Drillthrough Filter in Power BI

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi!

Yes, I did!

Hi @cinthiakc ,

For further analysis and troubleshooting, could you please provide your sample pbix file? Please remove the sensitive data before sharing. I will check later to see if some settings in your file are causing the drillthrough function to not work properly. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.