Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pigna
Frequent Visitor

Negative sizes in bubble chart and treemap

I would like to make a bubblechart/treemap where the size is controlled by the measure X and the saturation by the measure Y.

The problem is that X can be negative.

Is there a way to draw a bubblechart/treemap where the size depends on the absolute value of X, the saturation depends on the value of Y, but the color is different depending on the sign of X (for instance, red is positive, blue is negative)?

The standard bubblechart/treemap doesn't seem to allow this.

Thanks for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Pigna,

Maybe you can use the ABS function to get the absolute value. For more details, please check the online document. If it doesn't meet your requirement. kindly share your pbix and excepted result to me.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft

unfortunately that doesn't fix the problem.

Firstly I am using AS, so I cannot use DAX.

Secondly, the problem is not about how to transform a measure in absolute value.

Say I have 2 values:

id | size | saturation

A  | 5     | 0.3

B  | -5    | 0.3

If I use the absolute value of size I will get two rectangles with the same size, same color and same saturation.
But they should have same size, DIFFERENT color and same saturation to make any sense, otherwise it seems that A and B are the same.

I have a pbix but I don't have your email.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.