Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Needed Help!!!

Hi all,

I have a Requirement Like.. i have a foure Kpis and i ineed to calculate the top20%records and next20%,,,Bottom 20% of each kpi.and after that i need to calculate the min,max,mean, in that top20% records and next 20%,,,,Bottom20%. and its should should varing accoring to the filters like gender and brand,,,,,
for this i have crate the index column and percent column.

Percent = 'Fact Table'[Index]/COUNT('Fact Table'[Overall Liking mean])

Grouping= IF('Fact Table'[Index]<=(COUNTX('Fact Table','Fact Table'[Index])*.2),"First 20%",IF('Fact Table'[Index]<=(COUNTX('Fact Table','Fact Table'[Index])*.4),"Next 20-40%",IF('Fact Table'[Index]<=(COUNTX('Fact Table','Fact Table'[Index])*.6),"Next 40-60%",IF('Fact Table'[Index]<=(COUNTX('Fact Table','Fact Table'[Index])*.8),"Next 60-80%","Next 80-100%"))))

in that total comeing fine like i have 1000 records its divied accroding to that condition. supose i have 1000 records divided into 5 groups and each gruop contains 200 records. when i am adding the product or brand or country or year the count of the records are not matching with respect to the brand items or product or gender...  

Firest image is reuirement.

second image is  count is not matching with respect to the grrouping

thired oneis fine the count. each group contains 2oo records and total 5 groups and its matching.

Please help me on this......

7 REPLIES 7
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

First, You should know that

1. Calculation column/table not support dynamic changed based on filter or slicer.
2. Measure can be affected by filter/slicer, so you can use it to get dynamic summary result.
here is reference:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Different-between-calculated-column-and-measure-Using-SUM/t...
https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/calculated-columns-and-measures-in-dax/

Second, the group is base on the whole table, you could see that the total in the bottom is right.

Please share your sample pbix file and expected output. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team,

Please remove the replyed image as soon as posible. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  v-lili6-msft,

Thanks for your replay...

I know the difference between measure and column...  but requirement is brand wise should be divied into 5 e

hi, @Anonymous 

Could you share your sample pbix file and expected output

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I don't know how to share the pbix file..please tell me i can do it...

hi, @Anonymous 

You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi..

Is it possible to share you Mail id. can you please share i will directly connected to you...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.