Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hmeegada
Frequent Visitor

Needed Help!!! Data cleaning/transforming

Hi, 

I'm new in BI community and was looking for a way to transform my disoriented dataset into a tabluar format

Current formatCurrent formatexpected formatexpected formatIs this something that can be acheived within BI, or should it be done outside BI, I have numerous files in similar format, looking for sugesstion or help on how to go forward. Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aren't you only needing lines where the first column has D? Then get all the lines the filter (in Powerquery) the lines with D in that column. Then remove the not needed columns.

Hi, I also need date listed in H, and the number next to it.

I would also need "I" row elements to appear in a column

Anonymous
Not applicable

ah ok, that's a different story 🙂

As with another similar request a few days ago, it's fairly complex as you can't reference "other rows" in PowerQuery. So you can't really tell "go to the NEXT line and get a value". Generally speaking, you can't guarantee a sequential order. Granted, you can create a key column and put a number, but, even in DAX, how can you tell which row where to look for the three values to put in column?

IF you could have a way to put the same value on all of the rows of the same "group" (the D ones and the corresponding I) it could be done via DAX...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.