Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to pivot a table where i sum the value of a column when there is a count of 1

Hi everyone,

Trying to find a solution. Need to pivot a table where i sum the value of a column when there is a count of 1.

Current Table looks like this

E.g.

NotificationDateImpressionBlank CopyBlank ImageMispelling
ABC09/09/20201400010
XYZ09/09/2020600110
FBA09/09/2020500101
TOTAL 2500221

The result table is sort of like a pivot of the summary where for each count of 1, you add the impression per each column.

If date slicer is 09/09/2020

Error TypeImpression
Blank Copy1100
Blank Image2000
Mispelling500

Anyone have a solution? I am using direct query mode so i am limited to only DAX calculated columns and measures.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try this:

1. Enter data to create a "ColumnName" table and sort "ColumnName" column by "Order" column.

enterdata.PNG

enter.PNGsort.jpg

2. No relationship between your fact table and the "ColumnName" table.

3. Create a measure like so:

Measure =
SWITCH (
    SELECTEDVALUE ( ColumnName[ColumnName] ),
    "Blank Copy", CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Impression] ), 'Table'[Blank Copy] = 1 ),
    "Blank Image", CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Impression] ), 'Table'[Blank Image] = 1 ),
    "Mispelling", CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Impression] ), 'Table'[Mispelling] = 1 )
)

4. Create a Table visual or a Matrix visual.

m.PNG

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try this:

1. Enter data to create a "ColumnName" table and sort "ColumnName" column by "Order" column.

enterdata.PNG

enter.PNGsort.jpg

2. No relationship between your fact table and the "ColumnName" table.

3. Create a measure like so:

Measure =
SWITCH (
    SELECTEDVALUE ( ColumnName[ColumnName] ),
    "Blank Copy", CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Impression] ), 'Table'[Blank Copy] = 1 ),
    "Blank Image", CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Impression] ), 'Table'[Blank Image] = 1 ),
    "Mispelling", CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Impression] ), 'Table'[Mispelling] = 1 )
)

4. Create a Table visual or a Matrix visual.

m.PNG

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You can do it in Power Query and have a table which can be used in your model to filter by Date and Error Type. Paste the below code in a blank Query and check the steps, easy 🙂

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WcnRyVtJRMrDUByIjAyMDIMfQxABEgZlgOlYnWikiMgpdnZkBTAlCmZuTI7oyUwOESSA6NhYA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Notification = _t, Date = _t, Impression = _t, #"Blank Copy" = _t, #"Blank Image" = _t, Mispelling = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Impression", Int64.Type}, {"Blank Copy", Int64.Type}, {"Blank Image", Int64.Type}, {"Mispelling", Int64.Type}, {"Date", type date}}),
    #"Unpivoted Other Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Changed Type", {"Notification", "Impression", "Date"}, "Attribute", "Value"),
    #"Inserted Multiplication" = Table.AddColumn(#"Unpivoted Other Columns", "Multiplication", each [Impression] * [Value], Int64.Type),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Inserted Multiplication", {"Date", "Attribute"}, {{"Impressions", each List.Sum([Multiplication]), type number}}),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Grouped Rows",{{"Attribute", "Error Type"}})
in
    #"Renamed Columns"

Fowmy_0-1599671021316.png

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Fowmy,

Unfortunately I can't use M/ Power Query since I am using SAP Hana as a source and bringing the data through Direct Query instead of import so this method would not work 😞 I am only able to use calculate columns and measues.

@Anonymous 

The best solution that fits your need is to request the data source owner to have it arranged in the layout you need for your analysis.

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.