Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hanuma_Srikiran
Frequent Visitor

Need to find attrition rate for HR data

Friends,

I have a dataset like this and i wanna calculate attrition rate of employees (in %). 

This should come in either a bar chart or line chart for visualization (monthly).

The attrition rate formula would be (difference between starting count of employees of a month and ending count of the same month)/ ((starting count of employees of a month) + (ending count of the same month)/2)).

I am not able to get a calculated column for attrition rate as such.

Please help me on the same.

DATE_OF_JOININGDate Of RsgnDepartmentEmployed Or ResignedGenderCurrent RatingEmployee CountPrevious RatingResigned 
12-Nov-16 AdminEmployedMale551700
20-Jan-1419-Feb-14MarketingResignedMale701701
18-Nov-15 ITEmployedMale631 0
05-Oct-0930-Jun-16MarketingResignedMale611521
13-Oct-1301-Mar-16AdminResignedFemale701591
04-Apr-07 AdminEmployedFemale631560

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i have a similar data.

I have first a table where i acumulate all the employees of the company (every month). Also, I have other table where I acumulate all the resignations per month.

What I need to have is a line chart where i show the cumulative rotation pero month, and when i apply a slicer (for example, If i only want to see the rotation of one of the divisions od the company), it can slice the line chart.

My formula for rotation is = Q resignation / average(Q employees month 1 + Q employees month 2)

thanks!!

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Hanuma_Srikiran wrote:

Friends,

I have a dataset like this and i wanna calculate attrition rate of employees (in %). 

This should come in either a bar chart or line chart for visualization (monthly).

The attrition rate formula would be (difference between starting count of employees of a month and ending count of the same month)/ ((starting count of employees of a month) + (ending count of the same month)/2)).

I am not able to get a calculated column for attrition rate as such.

Please help me on the same.

DATE_OF_JOINING Date Of Rsgn Department Employed Or Resigned Gender Current Rating Employee Count Previous Rating Resigned 
12-Nov-16   Admin Employed Male 55 1 70 0
20-Jan-14 19-Feb-14 Marketing Resigned Male 70 1 70 1
18-Nov-15   IT Employed Male 63 1   0
05-Oct-09 30-Jun-16 Marketing Resigned Male 61 1 52 1
13-Oct-13 01-Mar-16 Admin Resigned Female 70 1 59 1
04-Apr-07   Admin Employed Female 63 1 56 0

@Hanuma_Srikiran

I have the same question as @Phil_Seamark, but first of all, I think you'll need to create a calculated table which contains rows of each month for each employee during their join date and rsgn date(if not, then to today).

Dim_Date = FILTER(CALENDAR("2007-01-01","2017-12-31"),DAY([Date])=1)
calculatedTable =
FILTER (
    CROSSJOIN ( HRTable, Dim_Date ),
    DATE ( YEAR ( HRTable[DATE_OF_JOINING] ), MONTH ( HRTable[DATE_OF_JOINING] ), 1 )
        <= Dim_Date[Date]
        && Dim_Date[Date]
            <= ( IF ( ISBLANK ( HRTable[Date Of Rsgn] ), TODAY (), HRTable[Date Of Rsgn] ) )
)

Capture.PNG

Thanks .

I need any  possible graph showing "attrition rate of employees" in (like 0.51%......)  for this data for demo purpose only.

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @Hanuma_Srikiran

Are you able to post what your expected results should be for this dataset?  This will help clarify your requirement.

Also if you could pick an example month and specifiy what you would expect to be the numbers for 'starting count of employees of a month' for that month.  I'm not sure if this is a cumulative figure or just those starting for that month.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks For your reply.

I need like a sample graph showing the Attrition Rate of Employees by monthly or yearly.The results should be in percentage

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors