Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to create a matrix which will have all the rows and columns populated by slicer selection

Need to create a report which will display all the rows and columns depending on the selection of multiple attributes and measures from different slicers.

If the slicers are not selected then it will not get displayed in the matrix

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

You could try this way:

Step1:

Create a dim attributes table for slicer

Step2:

Use ISFILTERED Function to create a measure like below:

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED('Dim Country'[Country]),1,2)

Step3:

Now drag the meausre into visual level filter of the matrix visual and set is 1

Result:

for my simple example

No data is selectedNo data is selectedselect dataselect data

And you could try the same logic for other attributes.

here is pbix file, please try it.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the help but i need to create the matrix with multiple filters as below :

Filters:

Level 1,Level 2...Level 10 which are all Product Level filters which when selected goes to Row values.

For Eg : When value of Level 1 is Product name then the Level 2 will automatically be the second level in the hierachy i.e. Product brand name and so on

Time Period Filter will have Year,Month and Week as single select which when selected goes into the column values

Year filter which will display the latest year by default

Measure Filters where you can select All or multiple kPI from the list and that only gets displayed (i.e. if you select sales and quantity then only both get displayed else all other KPI are removed from the matrix)

Year             2019                                                        Total

Level 1           Level 2   Level 3   Sales % Chg in LY % Chg in PP Unit Price  Sales % Chg in LY % Chg in PP Avg Price

Skin Cleaning Dove   Dove DG  13,900  70.26%        20.89%      5,059.34

Can you please help me to achieve this as i am new to power bi and have very less to get it done

Thanks in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.