Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anishkrissh
Frequent Visitor

Need to create a Two Column summarized table

I need to create a table of having all field name in the left column and it's summarized column in the right column. Is it possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @anishkrissh ,

Choose all the columns in the table and unpivot it.

unp.PNG

After that, Group the table as the picture below.

group.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anishkrissh ,

summarizecolumns-function   should help you. BTW, kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Order CountItem CountDiscountCouponsShipping AmountBlindDropShipChargeTaxAmount

I want all of the column names as one column and all of it's summarized value in the next column.

Sorry can't share the data

Hi @anishkrissh ,

Does that meet your requirement?

Capture.PNG

M code for your reference.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlXSUTI0BxIGIKxnbAbiG+hZGsKElGJ1opVAPIQIkK1nboGiwMgEyDQyg4oZ6RlaAikLMz1LEwLmIMnHAgA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"Order Count" = _t, #"Item Count" = _t, Discount = _t, Coupons = _t, #"Shipping Amount" = _t, BlindDropShipCharge = _t, TaxAmount = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Order Count", Int64.Type}, {"Item Count", Int64.Type}, {"Discount", Int64.Type}, {"Coupons", type number}, {"Shipping Amount", type number}, {"BlindDropShipCharge", Int64.Type}, {"TaxAmount", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Custom", each "a"),
    #"Unpivoted Other Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Added Custom", {"Custom"}, "Attribute", "Value"),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Unpivoted Other Columns", {"Attribute"}, {{"value", each List.Sum([Value]), type number}})
in
    #"Grouped Rows"

Can you show me how you did that?

Hi @anishkrissh ,

Choose all the columns in the table and unpivot it.

unp.PNG

After that, Group the table as the picture below.

group.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @anishkrissh,

You can use summarizecolumns to do so.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.