Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bokazoit
Post Patron
Post Patron

Need to count a measure. Need help

I have this measure:

ColdSpotClm = IF([Delivered hours] > 18 && [UsedPercent]<0,6;"Big";IF([Delivered hours] >= 6 && [Delivered hours]<=18 && [UsedPercent]<0,5;"Medium";IF[Delivered hours] >= 3 && [Delivered hours]<= 5 && [UsedPercent]<0,4;"Small";"")))

I need another measure that I can use in map charts - specifically as size of the bubble, that counts the number of large, medium and small business' that the above measure finds.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Bokazoit

I am afraid that it is not possible to achieve your requirement, in other words, it is not possible to show 12 in the map visual. ColdSpotClm is a measure, it will be re-calculated according to the fields you drag to the Map.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Bokazoit,

Please create the following new table.

Table = SUMMARIZE(Table;Table1[yourcategorycolumn];"Hour";[Delivered Hours];"type";[ColdSpotClm]) 

Then create the following measure in your new table.

Measure  = COUNTA('Table'[type])

If the above DAX don't return your expected result, please share sample data of your table and post the DAX you use to calculate Delivered hours and UsedPercent.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The picture below shows the dashboard with the data in a table and a map as well as slicers. I have this measure ColdSpotClm:

ColdSpotClm = IF(SUM(Test[Udbudte]) > 18 && DIVIDE(SUM(Test[Forbrugt]);SUM(Test[Udbudte]))<0,6;1;IF(SUM(Test[Udbudte]) >= 6 && SUM(Test[Udbudte])<=18 && DIVIDE(SUM(Test[Forbrugt]);SUM(Test[Udbudte]))<0,5;1;IF(SUM(Test[Udbudte]) >= 3 && SUM(Test[Udbudte])<= 5 && DIVIDE(SUM(Test[Forbrugt]);SUM(Test[Udbudte]))<0,4;1;0)))

PowerBI2.png

The measure ColdSpot has the value 1 if ok and 0 if not. In my real measure it is named "Large", "Medium" and "Small" or Empty cell. But for now 1 or 0 is ok.

As can be seen from the screenshoot above there is 12 healthcenters with a ColdSpot and the rest is out of scoop. And now comes my problem. I need to show these 12 hotspots in the map as well.

I have tried different measures but with no luck so far (in the picture above) my measure is 227 and not 12 as it is suppose to be.

The measure ColdSpotClm can not be used in the map for bubble size so I tried this measure:

Forbrugt for Region Hovedstaden = 
VAR minDate =
    MIN ( Test[Periode] )
VAR maxDate =
    MAX ( Test[Periode] )
VAR ColdSpot = 1

RETURN
    CALCULATE(
        COUNT(Test[healthcentername]);
        FILTER (Test;
            Test[Periode] >= minDate
                && Test[Periode] <= maxDate)

)

But that gives me 227.

I need to use a measure since I later on has to add a parameter as part of the slicers, so creating a column is not a way since the parameter won't work with parameters

@Bokazoit,

Please share sample data of your Test table here so that we can copy and paste to repro.

Regards,
Lydia

Hi  @v-yuezhe-msft

Can You see the Sample data in the link below?

Sample data

@Bokazoit,

I am unable to access the above data since it requires permission.

Regards,
Lydia

Can You try again @v-yuezhe-msft . I have tested with a collegue now 🙂

Sample data

Up

@v-yuezhe-msft can You see the sample data? 

@Bokazoit,

Thanks for sharing the sample data, but I can't find the Forbrugt column in the sample table.

Regards,
Lydia

Forbrugt =  ProductionUnits

Hello @v-yuezhe-msft anything new?

@Bokazoit

I am afraid that it is not possible to achieve your requirement, in other words, it is not possible to show 12 in the map visual. ColdSpotClm is a measure, it will be re-calculated according to the fields you drag to the Map.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.