Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to combine Friday/Saturday and Sunday/Monday in my "workday" column

Hello, 

Our reporting team looks at work days a little differently than what I am used to. They like to rollover Saturday's numbers into Friday and Sundays numbers into Monday. I started creating a "WorkdayNumber" column in my date reference table but I can't figure out how to include weekends in the way I just described. For example, The first 2 blanks in the "WorkdayNumber" column should read 3 and 4 since Friday/Saturday are being grouped together and Sunday/Monday are. 

Workday.PNG

Here is a zoom in of the "WorkdayNumber" column and the values that should fill in the blanks.

Workday2.png

Any help would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Group Friday, Saturday, and Sunday into the month

Create a new column in your data table and join it date of the date Table

New date  = If( weekday('Table'[date],2) >=5 , 'Table'[Date]+ 7-1*WEEKDAY('Table'[Date],2) +1  , 'Table'[Date])

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Thank you for the response! I was able to create the new date field in my data table and join it to the main date field in my date reference table. Everything looks good from a date perspective but now I need to do a year over year work day comparison. Right now when I compare days, things are understandably disjointed. How can I cleanly compare workdays now that I have the new date field?By day.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.