Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

skashifz
Frequent Visitor

Need to change this DAX table

Hi guys,

I am very new to Power Bi. So appologies for any mistake or shortcoming in my question.

(Sample pbix file https://www.dropbox.com/s/258z1bv2fnzrq47/AdventureWorksDW1.pbix?dl=0 )

CalculateTable1.JPG

This Measure table is showing all table columns for dates last 14 days (by taking max date). I need to change this to use Slicer date instead of MAX date of the table. So, it will show me 14 days data before any selected date. Also, I need to show only the date and SalesAmount, Just need these 2 columns please. Any idea or hint for me to work on please ?

Thanks in advance and appreciate your help.

And Note to clarify

I am not trying to change value of calculated column. I am trying to create a new "measure table", The table created in my example is based on the maximum date, Is this possible to create similar measure table based on date seelected from slicer instead of the max date picked from the base table ?

If there is a way to get the list of previous 14 dates, then I am sure, there can be a way to also include the corresponding SalesAmounts for each row.

My problem is, I dont want one SUM of all at the end, i need individual values, So I can try to draw a line chart for the 14 day window finishing at slicer date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @skashifz 

I think you want to build a line chart to show SalesAmounts in previous 14 dates. Try to build an unrelated calendar table and build a measure to filter your visual.

Calendar = 
SUMMARIZE(ALL(DimDate),DimDate[DateKey],DimDate[FullDateAlternateKey])

Measure:

Measure = 
VAR _SelectDate = SELECTEDVALUE('Calendar'[FullDateAlternateKey])
RETURN
IF(MAX(DimDate[FullDateAlternateKey])>=_SelectDate-14&&MAX(DimDate[FullDateAlternateKey])<_SelectDate,1,0)

Add this visual into filter field in line visual and set it to show items when value = 1. Result is as below. When I select 20140128, we will get result from 20140114 to 20140127.

1.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@skashifz , You can not change data of calculated column based on slicer value. This means if you change the value of the slicer it will not change.

It can only work if the table is var in a measure 

example

Meausre  =

var _tab = calculatetable(<code>)

return

sumx(_tab,[A])

@amitchandak , thank you very much for the response. I am not trying to change value of calculated column. I am trying to create a new "measure table", The table created in my example is based on the maximum date, Is this possible to create similar measure table based on date seelected from slicer instead of the max date picked from the base table ?

If there is a way to get the list of previous 14 dates, then I am sure, there can be a way to also include the corresponding SalesAmounts for each row.

My problem is, I dont want one SUM of all at the end, i need individual values, So I can try to draw a line chart for the 14 day window finishing at slicer date.

Hope I make sense.

Hi @skashifz 

I think you want to build a line chart to show SalesAmounts in previous 14 dates. Try to build an unrelated calendar table and build a measure to filter your visual.

Calendar = 
SUMMARIZE(ALL(DimDate),DimDate[DateKey],DimDate[FullDateAlternateKey])

Measure:

Measure = 
VAR _SelectDate = SELECTEDVALUE('Calendar'[FullDateAlternateKey])
RETURN
IF(MAX(DimDate[FullDateAlternateKey])>=_SelectDate-14&&MAX(DimDate[FullDateAlternateKey])<_SelectDate,1,0)

Add this visual into filter field in line visual and set it to show items when value = 1. Result is as below. When I select 20140128, we will get result from 20140114 to 20140127.

1.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.