Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to change area name frequently in synoptic panel visual.

Hi All,

I am using synoptic panel visual to trace and highlight selected location area coming from DB. Whenever location area name from DB side gets changed,everytime I need to re-create whole svg file from the start(ie from dragging .png image into "synoptic.design" then renaming it as per DB's updated column value and then importing respective .svg file and editing it into Inkscape etc) . As we know specific column names should match an area names in this visual. This become very lengthy process to follow for every single location area name change from DB. 

So my question that is there any way to rename location area name as per updated DB location area name in runtime synoptic panel visual ?? 

TIA.

Shraddha.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your answer. I have just contacted OKViz support team and they resolved my issue. 

With any textual editor we can edit SVG files and can rename any area according to DB change of column change,in my case. 

Thanks OKViz support team for quick response. 🙂

Regards,

Shardhha

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Shraddha,

I have watched the demo video in http://okviz.com/synoptic-panel/. I afraid the area name can't be changed in Power BI. If you want more help or features of this visual, please contact http://okviz.com/support/ due to this visual is published by OKViz. Need to change area name frequently in synoptic panel visual.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your answer. I have just contacted OKViz support team and they resolved my issue. 

With any textual editor we can edit SVG files and can rename any area according to DB change of column change,in my case. 

Thanks OKViz support team for quick response. 🙂

Regards,

Shardhha

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.