Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to calculate average of time column

Hi Team,

I have a column with time format. I am trying to calculate the average waiting time (AWT) which is the average of all the rows in the column.

AWT
00:00:51
00:02:54
00:00:20
00:03:21
00:00:08
00:00:13
00:00:05
00:00:43

Average of the time is

00:01:04

However, I am not able to directly aggregate the column in KPI as Select the AWT field. It just gives me the Latest Time or  Earliest time or Count in the Fields

Can anyone help here. I need to then calculate the AHT as well. Its very important for my call centre calculations KPIs

Regards,

Prathamesh Sable

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can create a measure below:

Measure = FORMAT(AVERAGE(Table1[AWT]),"HH:MM: SS")

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can create a measure below:

Measure = FORMAT(AVERAGE(Table1[AWT]),"HH:MM: SS")

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That's great, thank you. I was looking for something similar. Any idea how to manage the time that exceeds 24 hours? In my raw data, I have some values with 26:00:00, i.e., 1 day and 2 hours. 

Hi,

Does this measure work

Measure = FORMAT(AVERAGE(Table1[AWT]),"[HH]:MM: SS")

This works in MS Excel for sure.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.. This really helped me to fix instead of converting the time to seconds & then calculating it & then re-converting it back. This is good. Thank you very much

hey man, how did you calculate the average handling time (kindly provide the dax formula)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's good, but it's text and I can't change it to type Date Time, to put the average in a graph

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.