Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vijay89
Frequent Visitor

Need some suggestions on the Sales dashboard(beginner level)

Hi All,

I have created some dashboards in order to analyze the following steps but need to have some better understanding of how to use Sales predictive analytics and if someone could correct me with my dashboards.

Is there any way I can attach my dashboard/worksheet here? 

I couldn't see any option to attach my dashboard to this forum.

4 REPLIES 4
v-jianhe-msft
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

The forecasting feature utilizes built-in predictive forecasting models to automatically detect the step (monthly/weekly/annually) and seasonality in your data to provide forecasting results.

When you add a forecast line, you will have two sets of options available to configure. You can control the styling of the forecasting, similar to the controls you have for trend lines. You can also control settings specific to forecasting.

For the predictive analysis feature, you could refer to Using the Analytics pane in Power BI Desktop, Predict your milestones with forecasting in Power BI Desktop, Data Forecasting and Analytics with Power BI Desktop.

Also, to upload pbix demo, you could upload and share the sample files with some file hosting services like OneDrive, Dropbox etc.

Best Regards,

Henry

Thanks Henry for the information. I will surely check it out.

I have attached the .pbix file link https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApyHNYIp5fUYaijeL_j6Kv64Fa8 for the dashboard I have created.

It would be great if experts like you could review and correct me. I tried predective analysis as well but got an error saying the "data is not consistent".

Thank you! 

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have to say it is a really nice report you made! 

For the error "data is not consistent". I think it is because of your original datasource. To use the predictive analysis feature, there is some requirement on the data source, for example, to satisfy some algorithm, the data should be consistent and no interrupt. So it may be required to modify the datasource for data continunity. 

Best Regards,

Henry 

Hi Henry,

I understand your point. I know that the data is not consistent and the error was sepcific to date being inconsistent.

So, if you could help me drive one forecast graph using the data from my .pbix file will be great. I am a begineer, so your guidance with steps will be of great help.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.