Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need slicer to display number of items for each slicer value

I have what seems like a simple issue, but can't figure it out and can't find it here on the forums. I need my slicer to show how many items are part of each slicer value, and have that number change as filters are applied. I found a partial solution, which shows the total number of items, but it's not responding to filters.

So for example, this shows the number of items for each slicer value in the base data set:

slicer values.PNG

But if I change my date slicer and reduce the size of the data, the numbers on the slicer don't change:

slicer values 2.PNG

Based on how I designed it (which was based on a thread I found in the user forums), I understand why it doesn't change, it's just counting the base data set, but I can't figure out how to make it dynamic. It can't be too hard, I just don't know my DAX well enough yet. Can anyone please help? .pbix is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GWU9JEDbBJhwaT9thhMGc1jLA8ozjhtu/view?usp=sharing

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The calculated column can not get the slicer value dynamically. Unfortunately, your requirement can't be implemented. There is no workaround after testing.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The calculated column can not get the slicer value dynamically. Unfortunately, your requirement can't be implemented. There is no workaround after testing.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I'm afraid that this won't work. I tried it with a calculated table but the slicer is not changing. 

BR,

Josef

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.