Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

enlamparter
Helper I
Helper I

Need "between" slicer to select consecutive range of months (not days)

I want to have a slicer that allows users to select data from a consecutive range of months (Jan-Jul, Feb-Sept, etc.) but I don't want them to have the freedom to select it at the "date" level, because all data from each month lives on the 1st day of the month (so selecting January 2nd would eliminate all January data from view).

Any way to make this happen, or am I stuck using a multi-select list slicer?

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @enlamparter,

Based on my understanding, you can create a calculated column using the formula: Month = MONTH('Calendar'[Date])

Then add the 'Month' column in slicer, select between mode, you can select the month range as follows.

1.PNG

If you still have other problem, don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thanks Angelia, that does work as long as my data only spans one year, but since my data spans 2016 and 2017, this doesn't quite serve the purpose I need it to. I probably should have specified that in my original question!

Hi @enlamparter,

If your data only has year, rather than the formate year/month/day? How do you select the consecutive range of months (Jan-Jul, Feb-Sept, etc.) You must have month level.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.