Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need multiple relations on duplicated table

Hi all

I have a table with objects. There are columns (activeOn = active since) and (DeadOn = inactive from).

I need in a matrix, per month, the number of objects that got active in this month, and the number of objects that got inactive.

I made a DateTable and connected two of the object-tables to it (via yearMonth column):

1.PNG

It works just fine, in my matrix i count ID's from both Tables, i get the correct numbers!

Now there are few (3) columns i.e Format that i encoded in the objects table, so i need my Format Table to decode it.

Even this works, but only for one of the object-tables. For the other Table i still get the correct sum value per month, but cant drill it to the format:

2.PNG

3.PNG

I cant think of a way using only one object-table, but if anyone has an idea, pls let me know.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is hard to reproduce your problem, could you please share your pbix file and post your desired result if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-danhe-msft 

Yes i can upload it. But it has sensitive data, so before i invest some time to recreate the data, is there any way i can hide the source-data?

In Query editing mode i have some tables filtered or removed columns that are sensitive, but when i share the pbix it can easily be looked into. So i mean can i disable changing the steps?

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could just create a simple sample for me and post your desired result, I will try to figure out it.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-danhe-msft Example file available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fnl666ysic6c2h/example.pbix?dl=0

(What is the best way to upload/show pbix files btw?)

The file:

You see 2 tables. The top one is my current situation, bottom one the expected numbers for the "ActiveOn" column.

I tried to keep it as simple as possible so i hope you understand it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.