Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kakashi-jk3
Frequent Visitor

Need help with filter by user input field after embedding the report to front end?

Is it possible to filter data by input field after embedding the report to front end?

Like I've created a couple graphs and tables which gives an overview for all my projects from my database.

By default, this list all my projects in the database, but as an user, I want to be able to filter which projects I want to get listed up in the table. Like filtering only show projects whichc attribute "Margin" is less than value X%, which X is specified by user input real time.

An extra question: I'm wondering if you have like two column in the table, "margin" and "margin last month", is there a way I can specify filter to only show projects which margin < margin last month? 

Another question: Is it possible to do an weighted average for example on margin, where the weight is is based on EAC hours for example? 

This is for an projects, and I've used countless of hours trying to figure this out but can't get it to work, so I'm not sure if such function/solutions works.

Best regards.

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@kakashi-jk3,

After after embedded the report to front end, there is no such a function that allow to input a value, and then the report show the data that are than then value X%. We can use input parameter in Power BI desktop only. To work around this issue, you could use slicer instead.

For weighted average, you could use SUMX function to achieve it, please refer to the link below to see the details.

https://powerpivotpro.com/2012/05/weighted-averages-another-use-of-sumx/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.