Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with drillthrough

Drillthrough.PNG 

The late column in the data source can be either 1 or 0, 

I want to know if its possible to drillthrough on the summarized values in the matrix and have the child page show only the records for which late = 1. 

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it working, but I needed to change my TSQL Query, and split the one table into multiple. Its not ideal, but it works. 

Timko92

Hi there,

I am not sure you can achieve this with the drilldown alone. However, you can make a filter for the field "Late" and filter that filter for a value of "1" when drilling down the table.

The filter can either be implemented on the righthand side panel, or as a slicer in the report itself. If it is a slicer, you can make it impact only that table and no other visuals.

@Anonymous seems like you want to drill thru to another page (let's call it detail page) and you want detail page to be fitered only where value is 1, in this case you can set page level filter for detail page and once you drill thru into this page from main page, it will only show records where value  is 1

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That won't solve the problem. The detail page should show all records unless I drillthrough. For example if I were to drillthrough on delivered, it should show me all the records that have the given origin. 

@Anonymous so you are saying user can go directly to "drill thru page" and in that case you dont want to filter the page. If that is the case than you have to rethink your solution, you probably want to hide your drill thru page and only usable thru drill-thru

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently, I drillthrough to the details page from multiple tables/charts, so I want to be able to filter the details page based on different criteria depending on where I drillthrough from. 

Drillthrough2.PNGFor example, if I were to drillthrough from the Late column and Central Row, the details page should only show the two records that match that criteria. 

At the same time, if I were to drillthrough  from the Total column and Central Row, the details page should display all 131 records from the central region. 

The issue I'm having is that even if I drillthrough on the Late Column, I see all 131 records instead of the two late records. 

@Anonymous do you have "Keep all filters" = "ON"  on drill thru page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't turn it off if you put a numeric value in the drillthrough. 

@Anonymous sorry not sure what you mean, based on your requirement you need "keep all filters = ON" on drill thru page.

Did you tested it?. Is it working?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.