Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with data modelling

Hi friends, 

Another problem: 

I have a service contract with 3 types of calls (Normal, Urgent, Very Urgent)

Furthermore, each call has 5 different 'stages' and depending on the call priority the Service Level Agreement time each stage has his own timeframe in which the call needs to be  Looks like the first visual below. 

For each type of call I need to report the number of calls that were handled in time in each phase. I already made something in Power BI, but I did all kind off data transformation in xls. I think it should be possible without the transformations in xls and do all the transformations in Power Query. But I have no clue. Does anyone has an idea how I can create a page like this without any data transformation in xls? 

Hope to hear soon from you!

Cheers, Sander

Example of data:

SLA times.PNG

My own creation (with the help of xls):

own visual.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please provide how your initial data is look like.

And of course, I'm sure for 99% that all transformations from Excel can be done at PowerQuery inside of Power BI.

Regards,
Ruslan Zolotukhin (zoloturu)
BI Engineer at Akvelon Inc. / Kharkiv Power BI User Group Leader / DAX & Power BI Trainer
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
It was useful? Press Thumbs Up!

You are from Ukraine? If yes then welcome to Power BI User Group - KhPUG website. Other country? Check and find proper one - Power BI User Groups

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Ruslan,

Below you find an example of the dataset without any formatting. Is this enough info for you? 

Kind regards, Sander

Call number

PriorityAcceptation timeResponse timeSecure timeRestore timeResolve time
Call 1Urgent01:19:2101:19:2113:59:0513:59:0513:59:05

Call 2

Very Urgent00:16:0801:07:4907:13:1807:13:1807:13:18
Call 3Normal00:09:13 18:51:3322:03:2222:03:2222:03:22

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'd like to suggest you use 'unpivot column' on your time fields to convert them to attribute and value, then you can simply use visual level filter to control what type of DateTime display on your visual.

Unpivot columns (Power Query) 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.