Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jilek

Need help with custom reporting

So I have a large dataset for my customers, the issue I am trying to overcome is that they all come to me with a list of contract numbers for whichever account they are interested in at that time.  They are looking to filter this dataset by those provided contract numbers and export that data.  How do I ingest that list from them and then have it filter that data for them on demand?

4 REPLIES 4
jilek

@amitchandak - I am sure that there will be some sort of power automate or scripting that will have to be done to acheieve this.  I am just trying to figure out that plan as I have never had to do something like this.

@v-yanjiang-msft - I did start out with your suggested route, but it got to where there were so many duplicate contract numbers that the customers would provide for me that I told them until they can get me a good list this wont be an option.

For now I was trying to give them some sort of custom on demand reporting that would allow them to provide the contract numbers and then select the reporting period they are looking for and the tool/utility would provide them the .csv or whatever with that data.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jilek ,

If you don't want to search each contract number and select them in the slicer, at least the customer should have a list about which contract numbers they prefer to give you. Then you can create a new table by it like this:

vkalyjmsft_0-1658490974809.png

Create relationship to the fact table with the contract number column.

vkalyjmsft_1-1658491043202.png

And then filter the visual by the customer slicer.

vkalyjmsft_2-1658491129210.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jilek

just to add, these are large lists of contract numbers, a pain in the @$$ to select each one manually in a slicer.  

@jilek , I think you should if power automate can help in this case

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.