Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

telecom

Need help with creating a graph

I am a new user that is familair with excel and new to BI. I am trying to create a visualization (chart) that displays the average number of sheets that each user can complete per day. There are days that a user will not complete any sheets (I document the day that each sheet was completed).

I have the following columns (user, sheet #, date completed). 

Any suggestions on creating a bar graph with this data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @telecom,

If you 'sheet #' column stored the numeric value, you can direct create bar chart : 'date completed' to axis fields, 'sheet #' to value field and switch summary mode to average.(click on triangle icon to open the quick operation menu)

10.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @telecom,

If you 'sheet #' column stored the numeric value, you can direct create bar chart : 'date completed' to axis fields, 'sheet #' to value field and switch summary mode to average.(click on triangle icon to open the quick operation menu)

10.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @telecom,

Perhaps the following is an idea:

A date slicer where you can select the date; A slicer where you can select a User (this is optional if you have alot of users for example)

Beneath it a bar chart where the X axis is "User" and the Y axis is an average of the "Sheet#"

AVERAGE(Table1[Sheet#])

in this approach you focus on "User" you can also use "Date completed" as X axis for example then and average sheets completed. That way you focus more on the date, but note that you can get an insanely wide chart when you do this.

Let me know what you think about it, or if you need help.

Regards,

L.Meijdam

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.