Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ronnie7
Helper II
Helper II

Need help with conditional formatting in a table

Hey All,

I have an assignment that requires a conditional formatting in table for a txt field.
The possible Values are "Red"/"Green"/ "Yellow". I have created another column and converted these values to 0,1,2.

I'm currently facing two issues:
1. In the table I have two text columns that contains these values like "Project Status", "Budget Status", one of them could be "Yellow" and the other one "Red".  Is there any convinient solution for this?

2. When converting to 0,1,2 I can't hide these values from the column (I wanted to only leave the cell color without any value).

We have the orignal reportSSRS , that one, however, contains Traffic light indicators instead on the ""Red"/"Green"/ "Yellow".

a Snapshot from PowerBI:

cap1.JPG

I feel like this is not a real solution.

Any help/idea for a solution would be greatly appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8
MalS
Resolver III
Resolver III

This might not be very convenient for you, but you can import a KPI from an Excel Power Pivot, and when you show that in a PowerBI table it will use the KPI symbol. 

For example, if you download the Retail Analysis Sample.xlsx from here and import into Power BI, you should see a 'This Year Sales' KPI.

Add the Status field to a table and it will show the KPI symbols that were set up in Excel:

KPI Table.png

I was trying your solution, but Power BI won't let me "get data" from that file. It shows up as a folder with no tables. I am trying to import as an Excel type. 

Let me know if I should be doing something differently.

Yes - "get data" doesn't work on this file because the data is stored in a 'Data Model' in Excel (not in regular Excel sheets).

You need to go to File > Import > Excel Workbook Contents

This is perfect! Solves my issue. Thank you so much for sharing this solution

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

If anyone likes the KPIs and would like to be able to create them inside PBI (without having to Import from Power Pivot)

Please Vote for either one of these Ideas

Idea 1

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6556753-ability-to-set-goals-and-...

Idea 2

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/16939561-kpi-icon-sets-for-use-in...

I have linked these 2 Ideas in the hope that the moderators will consolidate them into 1.

I hope they combine the overall Vote totals for both and hope they do so into the 2nd one even though it has less votes

because it is better articulated!

Thanks! Smiley Happy Please Vote!

KPIs3.pngKPIs2.png

Voted 🙂

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ronnie7,

Current power bi conditional formatting not support this feature, displayed cell color is based on cell value.
Perhaps you can post your requirement to ideas.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Ronnie7
Helper II
Helper II

Anyone?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.