Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with column calculation

I have two columns Package price and Currency. In the Currency column i have 3 difference currencies present NOK , DKK and EUR.

I want the DKK  values from Package price  to multiplied by 1.28 and EUR to be multipled by 9.54 and NOK remain same.

So I want to create one column with total NOK price.  

Bit confused how to do this.

Power BI capture.JPG
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still not able to calculate it this is the error i get

Capture power bo.JPG

View solution in original post

Change the last VoucherLog[Currency] to VoucherLog[Package Price]

HI, @Anonymous

There is a mistabke in your formula

Column = IF(VoucherLog[Currency]="Eur",9.54*VoucherLog[Package Price],IF(VoucherLog[Currency]="DKK",1.28*VoucherLog[Package Price],IF(VoucherLog[Currency]="NOK",VoucherLog[Currency])))

Column = IF(VoucherLog[Currency]="Eur",9.54*VoucherLog[Package Price],IF(VoucherLog[Currency]="DKK",1.28*VoucherLog[Package Price],IF(VoucherLog[Currency]="NOK",VoucherLog[Package Price])))

Note: Black body part

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

10 REPLIES 10
affan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous

You can also acheive this by using Power Query.

= Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "ExchangeRate", each if [Currency] = "NOK" then 1 else if [Currency] = "DKK" then 1.28 else if [Currency] = "EUR" then 9.45 else null, type number)

Exchange RateExchange Rate

If this helped you, please mark this post as an accepted solution and like to give KUDOS .

Regards,

Affan

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can also use an if statement:

Measure = IF([Currency] = "EUR", 9.54 * [Package_Price], IF([Currency] = "DKK", 1.28 * [Package_Price], [Package_Price]))
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Operator or expression '( )' is not supported in this context."

i got this as a reply , what is my mistake here

HI, @Anonymous

Try this formula to add a calculate column

New Package Price = 
IF (
    [Currency] = "EUR",
    9.54 * [Package Price],
    IF (
        [Currency] = "DKK",
        1.28 * [Package Price],
        IF ( [Currency] = "NOK", [Package Price] )
    )
)

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still not able to calculate it this is the error i get

Capture power bo.JPG

HI, @Anonymous

There is a mistabke in your formula

Column = IF(VoucherLog[Currency]="Eur",9.54*VoucherLog[Package Price],IF(VoucherLog[Currency]="DKK",1.28*VoucherLog[Package Price],IF(VoucherLog[Currency]="NOK",VoucherLog[Currency])))

Column = IF(VoucherLog[Currency]="Eur",9.54*VoucherLog[Package Price],IF(VoucherLog[Currency]="DKK",1.28*VoucherLog[Package Price],IF(VoucherLog[Currency]="NOK",VoucherLog[Package Price])))

Note: Black body part

Best Regards,

Lin

Change the last VoucherLog[Currency] to VoucherLog[Package Price]

Which solution have you tried from the above ones?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently trying all , but struggling to get the outcome I want. Will be trying it again , i must have made a mistake somewhere

Omega
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You can create the similar measure/Column using the below DAX:

Package Price New = Switch (True(), Currency = "DKK", Package Price*1.28, "EUR", Package price*9,54, Package Price)

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.